He’s the Wests Tigers workaholic lock, Lebanese international and the one man NRL Physio Brien Seeney hopes never to be injured again. Here’s a quick look into the life and teammates of Alex Twal.
1. Who is the most annoying teammate you’ve roomed with?
I’d have to say Adam Doueihi — that’s because he doesn’t shower and only takes 11.5 seconds to brush his teeth, which doesn’t do the job. He also snores which gets really annoying.
2. Which player is the messiest in the dressing room?
The messiest players would have to be… David Nofoaluma. You’d think it was his closet with the amount of clothes he has lying around.
3. Which teammate avoids paying the bill at a cafe or restaurant?
Adam Doueihi — again — he refuses to shout. He refuses to shout.
4. What’s the highlight of your career so far?
It would have to be my debut game. We went up there to Newcastle and we were able to win the game on debut.
5. If you could play alongside any past player, who would it be and why?
Sam Burgess. I used to love the way he played . He was an inspiration for all us young players growing up and I thought he was an awesome player who had it all. He was a great leader.
6. Which teammate is the class clown?
It’s probably me. I’m always making the boys laugh.
7. What’s your go-to pub feed?
Grilled chicken, a nice salad and some mash potato. That’s always my go-to meal.
8. Which teammate has the worst fashion sense?
It was always Robbie Farah but he’s gone now. His fashion needed a lot of work. Now I’d have to say one of our young boys Kelma Tuilagi.
9. If you were trapped on a desert island, which 3 items would you take with you?
My bed, some water and some El Jannah — no promo there, I just love it.
10. Which 3 people, dead or alive, would you invite to a dinner or home barbecue?
Tupac, Biggie and Whitney Houston. That would be awesome to have them all in the same room, so I’d invite them all over.
11. Which non-rugby league athlete do you think would be good at the sport?
Definitely NFL player Patrick Mahomes — the quarterback at Kansas City Chiefs. It wouldn’t matter the position — just chuck him anywhere. He’s a freak.
12. What’s the worst part of pre-season?
Worst part of pre-season is definitely army camp.